Thursday, April 5, 2012

Newsletter Update

Neighborhood Ministry
Newsletter Update

The Son of Man Will Judge the Nations

Matthew 25:31-40 “….When the Son of Man comes in His glory….will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me. “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.

Dear Beloved Saints, It has been a while since my last newsletter. In a moment I will discuss why I picked the verse above. But first I would like to fill you in a little since my last newsletter.

So much has happened personally in my life in this past year. You may have even been wondering if this ministry is still going. Well, I am pleased to say that it is. In this past year I’ve had tragedy hit my family in the form of murder as well as hardship and many trials and tests have followed, but I also am very pleased to announce that in September of last year I got married to a very wonderful God fearing woman with 5 children so now I am a father of 6 children, which keeps me extremely busy! Since I cannot raise 6 children with 8 of us living in my trailer that I had before, I had to move. Now, we are living right outside of Chesterton City limits here in Indiana. However Our mission to the at risk neighborhoods remains the same.

There are about 3 projects that we are currently working on....

1. To record my testimony on a DVD and send it to as many people as I can. It is my deepest hearts desire to bring hope, and the message of salvation through the gospel and through my testimony of what the Lord has done in my life. My intention is to reach as many people as I can that are struggling with such despair that they feel they may have no hope at all. I have also put it on YouTube....

Youtube video titled: Overcoming The Odds By The Grace Of Jesus Christ: By Doug McGowan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmsuh1G5-hU&feature%E2%80%8B=youtube_gdata_player

If you would like more information, or to schedule a visit or a speaking opportunity please let me know. It is my passion to help as many people as I can through the Lords message, and to glorify His lovely name.

Now, these next two things especially the third one are the reasons I picked the bible verse above.

2. A community Garden. The Lord has placed it on my heart to have a community garden so that it could provide healthy food but also to establish relationships by the community getting involved together. Being that I have no knowledge of how to do a garden I was reluctant to do this but as I brought this idea to people it was overwelming of the response I received that YES you should do this! So I take that as a confirmation. I have presented this idea to the trailer park in Portage where I used to live and surprisingly they said yes we would like for you to do this and they would provide the land for free and the water for the garden! However, the owner of the park recently changed his mind after realizing how much is going to go into this. So, now we are in need of a new place to put the garden.

3. An awareness of homelessness. Recently I have received an invitation to partner up with this ministry to help raise an awareness of Homelessness. this ministry is called PADS. And this is thier site...

http://www.sspads.org/box_city.html

The intension is to join together and raise an awareness of Homelessness by staying all night in a cardboard box out in designated areas. This is opened to anyone, even preteens and teenagers along with adults. It is Neighborhood Ministry's passion to help those who feel they maybe stuck without hope. We feel this is a great opportunity to meet them where they are at and at the same time gain a small understanding of what they go through on a regular basis.

Please consider these needs. There are so many people out there that are stuck without any hope at all! All they may see are their surroundings which can be extremely overbearing. I think back to the time before I gave my life to my precious Jesus. I was screaming inside with so much hurt and anger and hopelessness. I needed someone to come along side of me and speak with compassion and understanding to me but more than that I also needed truth about the ONLY one who could save me!

Brothers and Sisters, sons and daughters of the King, won't you please join with us to help those who may feel stuck with no way out and shine light to them that there is HOPE! There is SALVATION! And you have the answer in your heart which is the Gosple of Jesus Christ! They need you and God wants you to express this to them!

Thank you and God bless you and may His countenance shine upon you!

Doug & Cyndi McGowan
Neighborhood Ministry Inc.
"Shining God's light to our neighbors"

No comments:

Post a Comment